The Marksman is a 2005 American action film directed by Marcus Adams, starring Wesley Snipes, William Hope, Emma Samms and Anthony Warren. The film was released on direct-to-DVD in the United States on September 6, 2005.
When the U.S. is tricked into targeting an 'armed' nuclear reactor captured by Chechen rebels, a Chechen leader is killed and rebel leaders capture the nuclear power plant. Enter Painter (Wesley Snipes), a US Special Forces operative, known as 'The Marksman'. Painter and his Spec-Ops team only have a limited amount of time to resolve the conflict before U.S. military forces wade in. However, when things don't go according to plan, Painter suspects that foul play may be afoot.
- Wesley Snipes as Painter
- William Hope as Jonathan Tensor
- Emma Samms as Amanda Jacks
- Anthony Warren as Capt. Naish
- Peter Youngblood Hills as Hargreaves
- Ryan McCluskey as Rodgers
- Warren Derosa as Orin
- Christiaan Haig as Hightop
- Dan Badaru as Gen. Egor Zaysan
- Serge Soric as Andrey Flintov
- Gelu Nitu as Minister Viktor Ivanov
- Matthew Salinger as General Parent
- John Guerrasio as Secretary Cummings
- Ian Ashpitel as Major Devro
- Peter Bradley Swander as Sergeant Hill
- Tim Abell as Lt. Carter
It is set and filmed at Bucharest Romania in 49 days on August 16 and October 4, 2004.
This film generally garnered a very poor rating although receiving an average rating of 3.8/10 stars on IMDb. The general consensus of the reviews offered that the film is let down by the poor re-use of scenes barely seconds apart and the terrible acting grade by the actors.
In the first week The Marksman opened at #11 at rentals chart and earned $1.36 million.
DVD was released in Region 1 in the United States on September 6, 2005, and also Region 2 in the United Kingdom on 28 November 2005, it was distributed by Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found